Spaghetti VS Rice

After we left from A's place we headed back towards MADHUPAN, it is the name of the bread shop, about 15~20 minutes by small-noisy-car, and before reaching at home we stopped by to some supermarket to buy food for ours body, since I'm italian and love to cook, it was the least thing that l could do for'em as a way of gratefulness for letting me staying in their place ... l cooked with reverence these dishes that u see right away here!





D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S






Sorry for making u feeling suddenly hungry ... unless you are a real vegetarian ... l say this because l wanna eat these 2 dishes right now!!! mmmmmmhhh mamma mia.
A-N-Y-W-A-Y ... the next day, if l remember good, M&N the bread people, had to start to work
and therefore in their little sauna-shop-house they became wildly busy and seeing that they don't need my help l went outside for a walk ... first l crossed a little hill to reach the other side to a big HOME CENTER where u find anything for "do it yourself" and stuff like that ... l was an idiot because l went with sandals so u can imagine the red spot that come on the feet's fingers ... l survived, and on the way l saw these rice fields, everywhere there are rice fields ... do u know that usually japanese people eat rice at breakfast, rice at lunch, rice at tea time and rice at dinner!!! and they never get bored! but good rice ... thats why they are happy when l cook spaghetti!!! LOL!!!
So in kyushu, that is the place which has the highest point (actually number 1 on the rank) of getting the strongest sunshine ... it is very HOT too, thats why it is so easy to see on many house's roofs the solar water-panel or even solar panel for electricity but mostly water panel, to have hot water and recycling too ... it is a beautiful way to live with these methods of using solar energy, thats what l would like to do in a future house or cafe ... and so, kyushu is the first of all japan to reap the rice crop, and l was lucky enough to see almost all the process of the rice growth, l'm saying almost because l didn't see the sowing part and the after crop. Just the middle step ... the rice of kyushu isn't of that high quality, because of too much hot ... it is still fabulous to eat it ... just the consistency of the rice ... how can explain it? u just need to come here to get what l mean, because it is not a philosophical thing.
And why l had to go to HOME-CENTER? because l was planning to go to YAKUSHIMA island and so l thought of buying a tent ... lets make life a little bit wild uh!? so l went to check the availability and prices and then l went back ... while passing again through the rice camp, or it was when l was going? one way or other, another beautiful thing for me to see is how fine and strong old japanese people ... still working at the shy age of 80 yrs old and they work good too and they even say hallo to you with pride and innocence ... lets say this, my owner of my actual hut is 83 or 84 (doesn't make so much difference) yrs old and still make vegetable fields and not small field ... ok l'll show u some day what l mean, have a little bit of patience.
Otherwise l never finish this post! so lets finish ... what l was saying?
AH, that l went back to change from sandals to shoes (a very intelligent act) to go out again to eat lunch in a place that M&N recommended and also to go around in the town, a samurai town.

10 comments:

Poonam Tanmayo said...

That food looks so darned good
I hope it inspires Chamki to cook again
I miss her food
These days she has 2 Indian ayahs cooking Indian food
I miss the spagetti too ... just like the Japanese

darshan said...

Forgive me Tanmayo for making your mouth watering ... can u cook?
l can tell ya the recipe if u wanna eat spaghetti (^-^)/

said...

it inspires chamki to eat, actually my mouth is full of saliva right now but i am not going to make it eh eh - let Darshan tell you the recipe and then you invite me . . . . now i go to eat poa that's a delicious indian breakfast but what is wrong to have it for lunch? What's that kind of crumbs on top of the salad? it seems fried bread crumbs hmmmm yesterday i just fried the old rotis in small pieces and it was really good. Tanmayo start cooking with creativity and invite me!

Poonam Tanmayo said...

Naah!
I'm not into cooking
but I can invite you to the new Italian restaurant 'Casanova',
or your favorite 'Le Meridian',
or even the humble 'Madhuban'.
And of course, not to leave out the succulant tandoori chicken fro 'Blue Nile'.
NOW my mouth is watering.
Chalo chalo lets go

This is the age to enjoy being catered to.
Why else do we live in India and have all these ayahs and restaurants??!

Anonymous said...

Naah! i need to fall into unconsciousness first, that's the only way to go to the restaurant.

Poonam Tanmayo said...

oh dear
I guess I'm so unconscious that I didn't realize you'd made the quantum transition since we last went out
ok then, I shall cook for my beloved conscious Chamki
one day soon
maybe on a sunday when your ayah doesn't come
hugs

Poonam Tanmayo said...

Darshan, you are invited too
The last I'd heard of you was this big plan of you cooking at my place
And then you disappeared
I think Chamki sent you into exile
But its nice to have you back
So welcome
hugs

darshan said...

Yes thats the fry crumbs bread, l found out that it goes very well with salad, especially if they absorb the vinegar taste with olive oil .. its sooo perfect!!! try it with salad dressing! just like le ciambelle (se non ricordo male) che le facevo passare sotto l'acqua velocemente e poi sale, aceto, olio e origano oppure con i pomodori come le bruschette ... mmmh bas bas bas.
Tanmayo thanx for the invitation but as l see u are not into cooking , l mean l don't know how u cook but u yourself said it. And then l don't think to fly again in India any soon ... OH but u can post your food, as l did, in ur blog so l can have a glimpse mmhhh l miss masala dosa e chana masala ... just show me then lets see ... l'd love to read your stories too since u are so good with words if u tell me the address of ur blog ... don't u have one?
Yes there was the big plan to cook at ur place but ... since when the planning works with Osho?
exile? noooo...just a good kick.

Poonam Tanmayo said...

Hey I wrote last nite but it disappeared
No Beloved, I dont have a blog no more
Did start one but it didn't live long
Somehow it was not the right moment
So nowadays I just flutter around Chamki's numerous babies
I have cooked aplenty in my life
Now I enjoy the space it gives me to have someone cook for me
That is the luxury of living in India
Even Chamki has finally been converted to our ways and now lives like any English Memsahib
You are still very young, my dear
So enjoy your passion of cooking and creating
much love n hugs

darshan said...

l see ... ciao